Re: Linux Audio: An overview

I like the article. I'm sure there are lots of bits and pieces one could argue with ... but that's life.

My biggest complaint is that I've never gotten JACK to run on a computer, despite help from many knowledgeable folks. And I consider myself to be moderately advanced linux user. Gawd help the novice! So, when it comes to doing recording and other tasks I use non-jack applications which, for my limited demands, seem to work fine.

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 3:29 AM, Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Louigi Verona wrote:
> Hey everyone!
>
> A while back I wrote an article, an overview of Linux Audio. Posting it
> here, just in case people will find it of interest. Do read the disclaimer,
> *this article is but my personal opinion ;)*

Hi Louigi,

I didn't notice any mention of ALSA, which has served the Linux Audio
community for years. I would expect too, some mention of
pulseaudio, as so many distros install it by default, and it
can conflict with using JACK and ALSA.

cheers,

Joel

> Linux Audio: An overview