Re: Arch Wiki Professional_audio

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017, Hermann Meyer wrote:

I think, for listeners, latency, if it is in a "normal range" wouldn't be a issue, often it is the opposite (eg. Live Atmosphere) , but for the artist, even a small amount of latency could be disturbing, when you hear your instrument delayed without using a delay.

That is exactly it. When playing bass, I find that once I am 30 feet away from the rest of the band (all analog signal path) my playing suffers. I find playing guitar through the computer to use effects in the computer with jack set 256/2 is starting to get anoying. In a hall, so long as the house speakers are reasonably aligned, I can be over 100feet away with no degredation in listening enjoyment (assuming a hall with reasonable acoustics).

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net