Re: Roland A500S: snd-usb-audio error -5

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017, Clemens Ladisch wrote:

Len Ovens wrote:
However, I would also point out that the speed was limited to real
MIDI speeds

USB MIDI can be as fast as the driver and the device can send and accept
packets.  The microcontroller in my SC-8820 can eat up MIDI data at
about three times the normal MIDI speed, but when there is a real MIDI
port involved, it is not possible to go faster.

The case inpoint was my din midi to USB interface. The USB would not limit the speed, but the din midi would :) In the case of the keyboard, I would be surprised if Roland did not send USB midi faster than standard MIDI.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net