Re: Fwd: Default (instrument plugins) tuning frequency

On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 11:17 AM, Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2 Jan 2017 11:11:02 -0500
Robert Edge <thumbknucklerocks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 6:02 AM, Jeanette C. <julien@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Jan 2 2017, Yassin Philip has written:
> >
> >> Is there such thing as a default tuning "norm" or (most probably) does
> >> every plugin do what it wants to do?
> >>
> > The default or standard tuning for typical western musical instruments
> > is at 440Hz. There are variations, when it comes to concert pitch. I
> > believe that the Americans sometimes choose 441 or 442Hz. But every
> > hardware synth - that I know of - is tuned to 440Hz with a well-tempered
> > scale.
> >

> Equal tempered.  I've never seen a software synth or modern tuner that uses
> one of the well tempered systems.

Yoshi/Zyn has always had full microtonal capability. You can have whatever
reference frequency, scale and notes per octave you like.

Sure.  Pretty much anything CAN be made to produce whatever pitch you want.

I think you are still safe to assume that the standard is 12TET A440.

Unless you are in the business of tuning organs or play in a period music ensemble or something I don't think you are going to encounter one of the well tempered tunings.  I never have anyway.