Re: Default (instrument plugins) tuning frequency

On Mon, 2 Jan 2017, Yassin Philip wrote:

When I install, say ZASFX, and press the A2 key, is it a 441Hz A, or a 440..?

Is there such thing as a default tuning "norm" or (most probably) does every plugin do what it wants to do?

How can I know the real tuning of a given instrument plugin, apart from playing it through a tuner, which is very hard to do on some patches..?

Is there a general rule (like tune your acoustic instruments to 441 and you'll be fine)?

If I buy a guitar tuner, it will default to A 440. Most newer ones will allow resetting it to something else, but some older ones not. I have one where you play an A note on whatever you want to reference to and it locks to that. All that to say, whoever you have playing acoustic instruments is probably tuned to 440 (not many musicians, at least here, would think of actually asking what A is for a project)

Happy new year? :)

I expect so... Have a good one.

--
Len Ovens