Re: Dereverberation

On 9/14/2016 1:33 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 12:46:34PM -0400, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

Given in my case I am not concerned with mangling the audio (it is
not intended to be played back, only used to calculate TDOA between
mics), I have no reservations towards resorting to destructive kinds
of processing as long as it improves my ability to identify accurate
TDOA between multiple mics.
But earlier:

Does anyone have access to an easy to implement (as in code)
dereverberation algorithm assuming one has access to the room impulse
response? I am looking for a way to clean-up recorded audio signal in
order to improve signal clarity (e.g. speech).
So now I'm a bit confused... Do you need improved audio, or just
signal statistics ???

Good point. As long as the spectral content is more accurate because it is devoid of extraneous reflections and therefore potentially altering the spectral composition to the point it fails to be cross-correlated correctly, and a single window of sound is enough to do a more accurate cross-correlation, I am fine with that. The in-between-windowing artifacts do not concern me as long as they are not a cause of signal degradation to the point where cross-correlation is affected by it. Hope this helps. Thank you all for your input so far.

Best,

Ico

Ciao,