Re: Again: JACK using too much CPU after a while

Len Ovens, Aug 25 2016:
DSP with Ardour running 3.6 to 3.8% (only two plugins fluidsynth and reasonable synth just now)
Just curious: DSP? Do you have an extra board?
CPU speed goes down. WHen jack first gets started powersave will give cpu close to full speed, as jack idles, cpu speed goes down and cpu used to keep up with jack's unchanging needs goes up.
This is something I hadn't considered, seeing that 800MHz is the lowest speed setting for my CPU.

Right now JACK 0.125.0rc1 idles at 17-18% CPU and has done so since last night. If that doesn't hold, I will try changing the govenor.

Thank you all, for your help and guidance.

Ta-ta,
----
Ffanci
* Homepage: https://freeshell.de/~silvain