Re: Isao Tomita, synthesizer music

On 05/13/2016 01:59 PM, jonetsu@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

To bring it 'home' a bit, if only by the nationality, and by keyboard
playing :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffDzNChROeY

Japanese female trio Ars Nova, two keyboard players, drummer.  Live in
Mexico. Sound is not good, but the intention is there.  Move away, Keith
Emerson.

There are better quality vids of Ars Nova on YT, in terms of sound. Can't point anyone at them because I downloaded them.

I wouldn't says "Move away, Keith Emerson." Their keyboard players are good, but not that good. Also not particularly inventive when it comes to sound. But they do put on a good show.

Note about them. They often paint themselves as an all-girl band. Yet in a number of their concert vids, there's a man playing drums off in the shadows. Does make me wonder if he's covering up for their drummer.

Just to avoid confusion with the other Ars Nova (American prog rock) band:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ars_Nova_%28Japanese_band%29

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx