Re: Isao Tomita

On 05/08/2016 10:43 PM, Jonathan Gazeley wrote:
On 08/05/16 14:48, Will Godfrey wrote:
The man who first inspired me with synthesised sound and music is no
more :(

R.I.P. Mr Tomita. You've more than earned it.

Isao Tomita is one of the musicians that I only discovered
all-too-recently. I eagerly caught up with his discography, and my
favourite work of his is the Planets suite. Will be listening to that
today.

I met his version of Pictures At An Exhibition while I was in high school. I was studying that piece on piano with my piano teacher.

According to the Wikipedia article, his vinyl version of The Planets is "rare".

I have both of those on original vinyl, now just need to get my turntable working again.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx