Re: Why people discuss and debate on this mailing list [WAS]: Re: [Bulk] Re: Tilt EQ

Hi Lorenzo,

On 05/05/2016 12:09, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
Hi Alessio,

[... many emails with various disquisition and debate about a "Tilt EQ" ]

Yes... all of the things you mentioned are correct and are perfectly
clear to me, you don't need to explain further.
I just don't understand why you have to explain those things :)

Keep in mind this is no 'customer-support' or similar platform. It is a users' mailing list ;)
Of course :)

As much as it might sometimes be frustrating not to get a straightforward answer on this mailing list (in your case "No there is no native LADSPA/LV2 "Tilt EQ" plug-in for Linux"), people often go beyond the original request/issue and offer workarounds, equivalent suggestions, technical discussions, ...
The first answer was: "use VST" :) so, to me it was clear hehehe

IMHO, although maybe sometimes lengthy or with a tendency to off-topic drifts, these discussions are overall an enrichment and interesting aspect of the mailing list. After all you can easily skip messages you're not interested in (with decent email clients).
I'm agree with you. My "concern" was not about the off-topic drift (that sometimes can be usefull for the community), but was about the 4 or 5 post with the same content. Maybe, Ralf was a little too worried about his written english, but he needs to not worry about this: it was clear :)

Not to mention that all of the discussions (which are archived and publicly available) might be useful for 'further generations'. :)

Lorenzo.

a.