Re: ZynAddSubFX Usability Survey

I would say that Zyn is actually an exception from the rule - loads of presets and many of them are good.

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/05/16 14:14, Paul Davis wrote:

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 7:57 AM, Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:lorenzofsutton@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Personally I really support all of Will's comments. I can't say
    anything about working faster or not. I *can* only stress Will's use
    case e.g. with Rosegarden (I don't mostly even don't bother to roll
    the window up and just use ALT+TAB which on XFCE enables you to have
    a vertical list of windows with their title texts and is rather
    configurable).

Sorry, but this is still missing the critical difference between the
question of how *applications* behave and the one of how *plugins*
behave. I was not mentioning this in connection with application
behaviour at all (where I remain a fan of (optional) multiwindow
designs. But plugins are different. Thus, any discussion of Zyn's GUI
that includes reference to a possible implementation as a plugin needs
to consider this.

Ditto. Was also referring to applications.