Re: ZynAddSubFX Usability Survey

Hi,

On 28/04/2016 15:11, Mark McCurry wrote:
Hi there linux audio users,

As a next major step for the project is a full rewrite of the UI, replacing
the current junk-drawer of knobs with a much easier to navigate and explore
interface based off of a mockup by Budislav Stepanov [1][2].

Thanks for sharing. It's always nice to see activity and new ideas in the Linux Audio world :)

This UI will be a single window design, which will be resizable, present more
consistent means of interaction, present more interactive views on synthesizer
data, and be built with touch interfaces in mind.

I have also filled in the survey and explained this more detail, but IMHO single-windows is a major step-back. As much as single-window designs dominate Windows and Mac (and maybe look nice in screenshots), I strongly believe that multiple windows are much more usable, flexible and productive for complex applications like this.
Please reconsider such a major UI design choice!

My two cents.
Lorenzo.
PS: Disclosure. These days I'm using Yoshimi more than ZynAddSubFX, nonetheless I hope input is useful/helpful/welcome ;)