Re: Fluidsynth: map each channel to individual jack audio output

On Tue, 26 Apr 2016, Brent Busby wrote:

Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

2. Record drums from a drum soundfont independently to their own track
in the DAW (Ardour). In that case I would be sequencing each drum on
its own (MIDI) channel.

I'm often wanting to do something like this also.  I often want to send
each drum out my interface to a physical mixer, to process each drum
separately in different channels on the mixer, and then bring them back
to re-record on new tracks.

Not fluid or a sound font, but nicer sound anyway :)
Open Ardour
Add a midi track
Put DrumGizmo in the processor box
jack_lsp output shows:
ardour:MIDI/audio_out 3
ardour:MIDI/audio_out 4
ardour:MIDI/audio_out 5
ardour:MIDI/audio_out 6
ardour:MIDI/audio_out 7
ardour:MIDI/audio_out 8
ardour:MIDI/audio_out 9
ardour:MIDI/audio_out 10
ardour:MIDI/audio_out 11
ardour:MIDI/audio_out 12
ardour:MIDI/audio_out 13
ardour:MIDI/audio_out 14
ardour:MIDI/audio_out 15
ardour:MIDI/audio_out 16

You can either process them externally or send them to their own tracks and process internally.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net