Re: Fluidsynth: map each channel to individual jack audio output

Tito,

Thanks again for the detailed explanation.

On 24/04/2016 22:47, Tito Latini wrote:
On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 05:01:55PM +0200, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
Thanks for testing... However I'm not really sure what to make out of
that apart from assuming that the use case isn't directly covered by
fluidsynth?

I imagine the easiest workaround would be starting multiple fluidsynth
instances, maybe lowering poliphony (not sure what impact this has on
resource consumption), possibly scripting it...

With stereo samples, "-L" seems what you want but I don't intend to
influence your choice.

As I also wrote on the Fluidsynth dev list I'm essentially after two possible use cases: 1. Record different instruments from a "general midi" soundfont (on different midi channels) independently e.g. in Ardour on a track per instrument. 2. Record drums from a drum soundfont independently to their own track in the DAW (Ardour). In that case I would be sequencing each drum on its own (MIDI) channel.

I'm not sure if / how -L might help on 2. as there still doesn't seem to be a way to route a (midi) channel to an audio output.

Lorenzo.