Re: (Ardour) How to get rid of delay when recording ? - status so far

They are not hidden anywhere.

The QJackCtl setup dialog shows you ALL the parameters. JACK's default parameters are identified on the man page and they are very few.

In general, starting JACK at boot time is a mistake.

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 2:06 PM, jonetsu@xxxxxxxxxxxx <jonetsu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 14:02:35 -0500
"jonetsu@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <jonetsu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> jackd man page says:
>
> -R, --realtime
>    Use  realtime  scheduling  (default =  true)
>
> jackd is launched like this (ps aux output since up to now I do
> not know where this is defined - seemingly not in etc ?)
>
> /usr/bin/jackd -T -ndefault -dalsa -dhw:M1010LT -r44100 -p256 -n2
>
> Is it fair to assume it is (should be) running realtime prio ?

OK, just saw the -P option :)

Now it becomes very important to know where the heck the parameters for
launching jackd are hidden so that it can be started properly at boot.
I cannot use qjackctl since right now the buffer size defined in
qjackctl is 128 while clearly jackd is launched with -p256, from
Somewhere Else.