Re: ffplay and alsa buffers

On 10/05/2015 06:25 PM, Len Ovens wrote:
On Mon, 5 Oct 2015, Peter P. wrote:

Is the wlan doing anything at all? I once had this same problem that
I could
only fix by unloading the wlan kernel module. It seemed it was
scanning for
APs about once a minute.
My dropouts seem unrelated to network issues, as they happen on ethernet
as well as on wireless lan connections.

That does not follow. I got xruns from the wireless even when not
connected to any network, until I unloaded the wireless kernel module.
So long as the wireless module is active at all, it can do bad things.
See the comments in other messages for work arounds other than module
unload.

I concur. I read somewhere that the wireless module periodically scans for new access points, and can put everything else on hold while it waits for response from the wireless hardware. Even if your BIOS or an external switch allows disabling the wireless hardware.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx