Re: How to disable Ardour's phone home option?

Gene Heskett wrote:

I think we can hold the funeral dirge for ardour right about now,
because as long as its packaged with that enabled, it is not going to
be installed here.

On my part; quite the contrary. I'll rather celebrate that Ardour is very much alive and a program I like more the more I use it. I have no illusions that my internet activity is anonymous anyway, and I'll gladly share those few bits of information if it helps the developers.

Gene Heskett also wrote:

But what about the non-tech audio fan who couldn't compile a hello
world, having no clue what the error messages from a missing
build-essential would spit out?

I think "non-tech" and "privacy / security awareness" are mutually exclusive. Maybe not in principle, but by all practical means. And anyways, if security and anonymity is something desirable, you would have to take measures that goes far beyond switching off your DAW's phone-home-option - measures that most likely would (or should) take care of any phoning home.

Just my 2 <insert favourite currency here>

Al F