Re: Behringer and Linux

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015, Felix Homann wrote:
      have 16. The motu 8M has only 8 but is a class compliant USB2 IF and
      can
      be controled by OSC (I downloaded the OSC spec out of interest) or by
      browser.

Oh, cool, I didn't know that MOTU has become more open to standards!

I think it is the AVB series that is more standards compliant. Even still the AVB part does not allow everything AVB can provide... but that is bound to be true with almost any AVB box. The Mac AVB implementation is a bit strange too. It will talk to multiple AVB boxes but then keeps those boxes from talking to each other. It would be through the motu's NIC port that OSC (or browser) control would be done, not through usb. The audio and maybe MIDI (if the box has it) go through USB (or AVB if your computer supports it) But control is network only.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net