Re: literature for programming graphic card

--- Hendrik Visage <hvjunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 1/10/07, Henio Paszczak <blurrpp@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > Hi.
> > I'm looking for some good sources how to program
> > graphics card in Linux does any body something
> like
> > this :) ?
>
> Source code would be the Xorg drivers and svgalib
> ;^P
> (See previous thread related to programming
> graphics,
> drawing lines etc.)
>

> > Second, for three days I've Pentium D processor
> and,
> > again , I'm looking for literature about
> programming
> > two core, there is a lot of stuff in Internet but
> > maybe some of You know something really good.
>
> Refer to any text on SMP, threading, etc.
> It's the same things just now you have two cpus on
> the same
> silicon wafer enclosed and with pins added instead
> of one.
>
> At least in Linux/Solaris you shouldn't have issues
> as long as you do the right
> things to create the threads/processes that'll be
> distributed by the OS
> over the available CPUs/cores.
>
> --
> Hendrik Visage
> -
> More majordomo info at

Thanks .. but i want to turn secund core alive, and i
don't know how. For example how to write program for
two cores .. first core is summing integers from memry
locations mem0-mem1, second core does the same but
with memory location (mem1+1)-mem2 ... , how to load
%eip register in second core and start it , and so one
.. :)
Lukas