Re: Qcom clock performance votes on mainline

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 11:35:56AM +0530, Viresh Kumar wrote:
> On 11-09-20, 07:48, Stephan Gerhold wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 02:28:01PM -0700, Stephen Boyd wrote:
> > > Quoting Stephan Gerhold (2020-09-10 09:26:10)

> > > Yes.

> > > Sounds like the right approach.
> > >

> > Thanks for the quick reply!

> > > Can that be put into the OPP table somehow for only the high
> > > frequencies? The OPP tables for CPUs sometimes cover the CPU PLL voltage
> > > requirements too so it doesn't seem like a totally bad idea.
>
> Maybe we can allow the vote value to be 0 somehow ?

Yep, I tried using an extra opp-level = <0> OPP for that in [1].
It does not work at the moment but maybe we can (somehow) add support
for that. I have some more thoughts about where/how to enable the power
domains from the OPP core in this case. The discussion probably fits
better to the other mail thread so I will reply there later.

Thanks!
Stephan

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/linux-pm/20200828095706.GA1865@xxxxxxxxxxx/

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]