Re: [v2, 4/8] tty: serial: qcom_geni_serial: Initialize console port statically

On 4/12/2018 4:54 PM, Matthias Kaehlcke wrote:

>> -static struct qcom_geni_serial_port qcom_geni_console_port;
>> +static struct qcom_geni_serial_port qcom_geni_console_port = {
>> +	.uport = {
>> +		.iotype = UPIO_MEM,
>> +		.ops = &qcom_geni_console_pops,
>> +		.flags = UPF_BOOT_AUTOCONF,
>> +		.line = 0,
>> +	},
>> +};
>
> This change itself looks good to me, however I wonder why there is
> a single qcom_geni_serial_port object that is returned by
> get_port_from_line() for any line. Neither the initial commit message
> of the driver not the comments in this file mention a limitation to a
> single port.
>
> Is support for more than one UART planned for future revisions or are
> there hardware/firmware limitations that impede this?

Yes we can support multiple console ports if required in the future.
Also we have plans to add non-console UARTs going forward.

Regards,
Karthik.
--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project