Re: [RFC 1/3] remoteproc: qcom: Introduce Qualcomm low pass sensor peripheral loader.

On Sun 15 Jan 21:15 PST 2017, Dwivedi, Avaneesh Kumar (avani) wrote:

> On 1/13/2017 2:11 AM, Sarangdhar Joshi wrote:
> > Hi Avaneesh,
> >
> > On 01/12/2017 05:53 AM, Avaneesh Kumar Dwivedi wrote:
> > > This patch is to load and boot slpi core on Qualcomm plateforms. It is
> > > used for loading the firmware images of the subsystems into memory
> > > and preparing the subsystem's processor to execute code.
> >
> > Can't we modify qcom_adsp_pil.c to use SLPI as well?
>
> clocks, regulators, PAS_ID, firmware name, crash reason smem id these are
> few driver specific resource/variable, if it is ok to initialize these
> variables  based on compatible string, i think we can have single driver for
> adsp and slpi. let me know your further comment.

I would prefer this too.

The only thing that stands out is that you're not allowed to
regulator_set_voltage(5), because that's not how we will do corners
upstream - which tells us that we need to get corner voltages sorted
out.

I'm still undecided on aggre2_noc being handled in this driver or in a
aggre2_noc bus surrounding the device, but that's a smaller issue than
the corners.

Regardless of these two issues we want a common adsp + slpi driver, so
please submit a patch where you add the slpi support to the existing
adsp driver.

Regards,
Bjorn