Re: sc7180 kernel hang with linux-next

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 7:14 AM Laura Nao <laura.nao@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 1/4/24 11:17, Laura Nao wrote:
> >
> > Yes, I'll try to bisect this through KernelCI and report back.
> >

> KernelCI has not bisected this regression yet. However, upon further
> investigation I noticed the kernel was getting consistently stuck while
> disabling the display clocks (namely disp_cc_mdss_pclk0_clk ) and booted
> consistently without issues after adding clk_ignore_unused to the
> cmdline.
>
> The kernel configuration used by KernelCI had CONFIG_SC_DISPCC_7180=y ;
> setting CONFIG_SC_DISPCC_7180=m fixed the issue as the display clock
> controller is being initialized a bit later in the boot.
>
> We're going to set CONFIG_SC_DISPCC_7180=m in the configuration used by
> KernelCI and monitor the results for a while, I'll report back to
> confirm whether the issue is still present or not.

Ick. I wonder if this is related to the issue that Stephen filed:
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/319956935

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]