Re: sc7180 kernel hang with linux-next

On 1/4/24 11:17, Laura Nao wrote:

> Yes, I'll try to bisect this through KernelCI and report back.

KernelCI has not bisected this regression yet. However, upon further
investigation I noticed the kernel was getting consistently stuck while
disabling the display clocks (namely disp_cc_mdss_pclk0_clk ) and booted
consistently without issues after adding clk_ignore_unused to the
cmdline.

The kernel configuration used by KernelCI had CONFIG_SC_DISPCC_7180=y ;
setting CONFIG_SC_DISPCC_7180=m fixed the issue as the display clock
controller is being initialized a bit later in the boot.

We're going to set CONFIG_SC_DISPCC_7180=m in the configuration used by
KernelCI and monitor the results for a while, I'll report back to
confirm whether the issue is still present or not.

Best,

Laura

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]