Re: External display on the x13s?

On Mon, Nov 06, 2023 at 11:27:55AM +0000, Bryan O'Donoghue wrote:
> On 06/11/2023 08:01, Johan Hovold wrote:
> > Try booting to a VT console (stop whatever display server you are using)
> > and then plug in the USB connector in order to confirm that the issue is
> > in user space. You should see the console mirrored on your external
> > display.
>
> Works.
>
> Looks gnome shell specific to me.

The VT consoles work for me and mirror the screen as expected.

I did some more digging and this appears to be GNOME shell related and
is likely different than the issue that I originally linked to [1].
When I run with GNOME under Wayland, I see this error come through from
the XWayland:

    Received an X Window System error.
    The error was 'BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
        operation)'.
    (Details: serial 315 error_code 2 request_code 140 (RANDR)
        minor_code 7)

I have MUTTER_SYNC=1 set in my environment variables, and gdb shows that
gnome-shell crashes at [2] since plane_assignment is NULL. I don't have
anymore time to dig deeper into this today unfortunately.

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/issues/2398
[2] https://github.com/GNOME/mutter/blob/main/src/backends/native/meta-kms-crtc.c#L365

Brian

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]