Re: External display on the x13s?

On Sat, Nov 04, 2023 at 02:54:45PM +0000, Bryan O'Donoghue wrote:
> On 03/11/2023 18:53, Bjorn Andersson wrote:

> >> Run gnome and run the display @ < 2k

> > Brian's question makes it seem like he doesn't have any display, your
> > <=2k only relates to the display artifacts that you have, right?

> I had an idea Gnome was working but lxqt was not, testing this a bit I
> get the second display up if the display port is connected to the port
> furthest away from the screen, not the port closest to the screen.

Works fine on both ports here so that could also indicate a
(configuration) problem with your user space.

The port closes to the screen is the second port ("Unknown20-2", "USB-2"
or soon "DP-2"), which may or may not be relevant.

> Plugging the cable in and out at the gdm prompt seems to crash gdm.

I don't use Gnome, but that sounds like it could be related to the
mutter issue Brian mentioned. Have your verified that you have that fix?

Try booting to a VT console (stop whatever display server you are using)
and then plug in the USB connector in order to confirm that the issue is
in user space. You should see the console mirrored on your external
display.

Johan

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]