Re: Qualcomm DT bindings and DTS cleanups - tracking community wide

On 22/09/2022 16:32, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Quite a lot of people are working on Qualcomm DT bindings conversion
> (TXT->YAML) and fixups to Qualcomm DTS. We track a bit of this effort
> internally in Linaro, but that has many shortcomings and we would like
> to track it rather community-wide with the support and contributions
> from the community.
>
> What to track:
> 1. Which bindings to convert to YAML,
> 2. Missing compatibles (either entirely or because of missing conversion),
> 3. `dt_binding_check` warnings (usually connected with 1-2),
> 4. `dtbs_check` warnings.
>
> Rob's bot gives us daily output for 1-4, but how can we track current
> efforts to avoid duplication of work? Also it would allow people to find
> tasks for them to get contributions to Linux kernel :). Is anyone in
> community interested in tracking it together, in a public way?
>
> If so, where?
> A. elinux.org (needs some formatting when pasting the output from tools)
> B. gitlab pages/wiki (maybe scripts could parse tools and create the page?)
> C. gitlab dedicated repo - some text file
> D. Linux kernel TODO file (might be difficult to keep updated)
> E. kernel.org wiki (requires LF accounts, AFAIK, a bit pain to edit; I
> have it for Exynos but I don't find it usable -
> https://exynos.wiki.kernel.org/todo_tasks)

Hi All,

Any thoughts on this? So far I did not receive any responses, so
probably this could mean that there is little interest in this?

Best regards,
Krzysztof

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]