the future of qualcomm SoC in linux

David, Bryan,

In general this community wants all code maintained. Your intentions seem to be
that you want to push code, but you want to orphan it fairly quickly after you
push the code. I know this is true having worked with both of you and many of
your developers, and recent events seem to prove it.

It's fine if you don't want to maintain the code you push, but it's better for
us as a community if some one does maintains the code long term (10-15 years).

Linux also fosters community development so that people with devices can submit
patches or add extensions to existing code. It's my believe that you don't want
that, and have no intentions of supporting it for any of your platforms or for
any device that is created with your chips.

Since both of you seem un-willing to do these things, I suggesting this compromise. I
maintain the code long term for all Qualcomm platforms new and old, you submit
patches to me. If you don't want me to do this, or don't trust me to do it,
that's fine too just find someone else willing to maintain all the code long term.

Daniel