RE: QSD8250 illegal instruction

On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 20:33 +0100, Lukas-David Gorris wrote:
> Quoting Daniel Walker <dwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>

> > What kind of kernel did you use? You say you wanted to "avoid sdcard
> > driver interaction" , but was the sdcard actually compiled out?
> >
> > Daniel

> problem I would like to mention that something like that was tried.
> Markinus who wrote many of the patches in the mentioned htc-msm-2.6.32
> branch made an approach to narrow down the problem by disabling
> everything possible in the kernel configuration and manually removing
> things from init, also SD. He still got the segfaults with a very very
> basic kernel Image.

Ok .

> Did you see my mention of the DB vs BG timer config problem? As we
> have to put a different config there than nexus, maybe there are some
> minor differences in the SoC. Maybe that could be related to the
> problem at hand.

I did see that.

> With regard to that we had some discussion on QSD8250 vs QSD8250B .
> Maybe somebody can shed some light on this. Is there actually any
> difference in B vs non-B ? Is there an A ? Or is this something like
> MSM7200A vs msm7201A ?

I don't know of a QSD8250B SoC .. If there is one, I have no idea what
would be different.

It might be that the baseband processor is running different code
between the Nexus One and the Leo (i.e. different modem images), and
that code is programming the SoC differently between the two. Or it
could be a bootloader thing, does the Leo have fastboot ?

Daniel