Re: MSM NAND - Subpage size reading

>> [...]
>The NAND controller on the MSM has limited support for subpage
>operations.  The problem is that it does ECC across the entire
>page data.  This is necessary in order to support MLC NAND
>devices.
Hmm. Ok.

>Is the requirement to do subpage read, or subpage writing?
Subpage writing and reading in order to perform ubiformat operations.

>Subpage writing is not possible on MLC NAND (it isn't even
>permitted to overwrite data to zero things out).  Depending on
>which data is needed, subpage reading could be done, but would
>transfer at least 1/4 of the page anyway.
Thats bad. But it seems we need to take it, in order to get ubifs working on this device.

>David
dito ;-)

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]