MSM NAND - Subpage size reading

Hi
GNUtoo asked me to send the following mail also to this ML.
Just for information.
Here it is.

greatings
	leviathan
----------------Sent to: Arve Hjønnevåg <arve@xxxxxxxxxxx>----------------
Hello
I'm working on the FSO projects msm port.
So we came across the problem, that we can not install UBIFS rootimages
on the internal NAND of htcdream, nexus-one and other htc devices,
because of the missing subpagesize reading functionality issue.
The only filesystem which accepts only block-size reading is YAFFS2,
but YAFFS2 doesnt implement compression.
So we loose a lot of space on the internal memory, what leads us to the issue,
that SHR-full doesnt fit into internal memory.
I git blamed the driver and found your name in the most of the lines,
so I guess, that this driver is pretty known to you, and you would perhaps have
some tips for us, or even give us a rudimentary patch, which allows expansion.

Thanks in forward and reagards
	leviathan

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]