Re: fish names

Daniel Walker wrote:
I wanted to have the fish names discussion one more time. I think it's
fine for Google to use those names internally, but we really want actual
product names for the permanent kernel history.

I know Pavel was the first to bring this up, and I do think it makes
sense. I don't know if board-dream.c is the exact right name to have,
but I think it's more along the right lines.

I also think it makes sense to register real names for the
machine_is_xxx names .. Since when your writing code it's easier to know
what machine_is_nexusone() is vs. machine_is_mahimahi() ..

I'm not suggesting you guys not use fish names altogether, I'm just
concerned how this naming will impact the programmers outside Google who
will be touching this code, and the general user population.

Daniel

Daniel, we'll use descriptive names for new targets we register. I think Russell is open to renaming existing targets. So, it might be feasible to rename the fishy targets after the code is published.

- Bryan