Re: ARCH=hexagon unsupported?

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 8:18 PM Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Correct, as I understand it , work on gcc was stopped after the 4.6 release and
> any testing internally to Qualcomm was done using a patched clang. A few years
> ago this was said to be (almost?) entirely upstream, but as Nick points out
> it has never been possible to build an upstream hexagon kernel with an upstream
> clang.

It is pretty much dead code then. It would be a good idea to be a bit
more strict on this, i.e. not let archs linger in mainline if not
properly maintained. I would go even as far as requiring some public
CI logs for all architectures building -next/-rc as proof that some
configuration actually builds with some compiler, even if the compiler
is not an upstream one.

Cheers,
Miguel