Re: [RFC v2 07/37] lkl: interrupt support

Hello Anton,

On Wed, 05 Feb 2020 19:49:37 +0900,
Anton Ivanov wrote:

> >> Like I said before, this also something to unify with UML.
> >> I'm aware that this is easily said but we cannot have too much duplication.
> >>
> >> Feel free to ask if UML internals give you headache. :-)
> >
> > Same as nommu implementation, I left this part as-is.
> >
> > Triggering interrupts with fd events (delivered by epoll&co) is a hard
> > part to implement host-independent interrupts of LKL.  OTOH, the v3
> > patchset shows that it is doable to use UML drivers with the LKL
> > interrupt facility.
>
> Make sure you are testing with the vector network devices, the
> legacy ones are scheduled to be obsoleted at some point

I was aware of the commit to obsolete several backend with the vector
device, but did not include in the patchset and tests.  I will try to
do it for the next round.

> I know this will cause a headache on non-Linux, I am happy to write
> wrappers/emulators for recvmms/sendmmsg so these build on the
> systems which do not support them.

If UML is going to extend to support non-Linux host, yes, those kind
of wrappers will be helpful.

Right now, the patchset only focuses on x86 hosts so, this can be
postponed.

-- Hajime