Re: Chromium sandbox on LoongArch and statx -- seccomp deep argument inspection again?

On Wed, 2024-02-21 at 18:49 +0800, WANG Xuerui wrote:

> On 2/21/24 18:31, Xi Ruoyao wrote:

> > > It's worse than "just restore fstat" considering the performance.  Read
> > > this thread:
> > > https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-alpha/2023-September/151320.html
> > Hmm, but it looks like statx already suffers the same performance issue.
> > And in this libc-alpha discussion Linus said:
> >
> >     If the user asked for 'fstat()', just give the user 'fstat()'.
> >
> > So to me we should just add fstat (and use it in Glibc for LoongArch, only
> > falling back to statx if fstat returns -ENOSYS), or am I missing something?
>
> Or we could add a AT_STATX_NULL_PATH flag and mandate that `path` must
> be NULL if this flag is present -- then with simple checks we could have
> statx(fd, NULL, AT_STATX_NULL_PATH, STATX_BASIC_STATS, &out) that's both
> fstat-like and fast.

But then to take the advantage in Glibc fstat() implementation, we'll
need to try AT_STATX_NULL_PATH first, then check for EFAULT (not
ENOSYS!) and fall back to AT_EMPTY_PATH.  The EFAULT checking seems
nasty to me...

--
Xi Ruoyao <xry111@xxxxxxxxxxx>