Re: Chromium sandbox on LoongArch and statx -- seccomp deep argument inspection again?

On 2/21/24 18:31, Xi Ruoyao wrote:
On Wed, 2024-02-21 at 14:31 +0800, Xi Ruoyao wrote:
On Wed, 2024-02-21 at 14:09 +0800, WANG Xuerui wrote:

- just restore fstat and be done with it;
- add a flag to statx so we can do the equivalent of just fstat(fd,
&out) with statx, and ensuring an error happens if path is not empty in
that case;
It's worse than "just restore fstat" considering the performance.  Read
this thread:
https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-alpha/2023-September/151320.html
Hmm, but it looks like statx already suffers the same performance issue.
And in this libc-alpha discussion Linus said:

    If the user asked for 'fstat()', just give the user 'fstat()'.
So to me we should just add fstat (and use it in Glibc for LoongArch, only
falling back to statx if fstat returns -ENOSYS), or am I missing something?

Or we could add a AT_STATX_NULL_PATH flag and mandate that `path` must be NULL if this flag is present -- then with simple checks we could have statx(fd, NULL, AT_STATX_NULL_PATH, STATX_BASIC_STATS, &out) that's both fstat-like and fast.

--
WANG "xen0n" Xuerui