Re: What about adding AT_NO_AUTOMOUNT analogue to openat2?

On 2020-04-11, Askar Safin <safinaskar@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> What about adding stat's AT_NO_AUTOMOUNT analogue to openat2?

There isn't one. I did intend to add RESOLVE_NO_AUTOMOUNTS after openat2
was merged -- it's even mentioned in the commit message -- but I haven't
gotten around to it yet. The reason it wasn't added from the outset was
that I wasn't sure if adding it would be as simple as the other
RESOLVE_* flags.

Note that like all RESOLVE_* flags, it would apply to all components so
it wouldn't be truly analogous with AT_NO_AUTOMOUNT (though as I've
discussed at length on this ML, most people do actually want the
RESOLVE_* semantics). But you can emulate the AT_* ones much more easily
with RESOLVE_* than vice-versa).

--
Aleksa Sarai
Senior Software Engineer (Containers)