Re: + mm-thp-always-specify-disabled-vmas-as-nh-in-smaps.patch added to -mm tree

On Mon 24-12-18 01:05:57, David Rientjes wrote:
[...]
> I'm not interested in having a 100 email thread about this when a clear
> and simple fix exists that actually doesn't break user code.

You are breaking everybody who really wants to query MADV_NOHUGEPAGE
status by this flag. Is there anybody doing that? I don't know but
I guess we will find out one day. If the fix was a clear win then I
wouldn't say a word. But you are trading one regression which has a
proper fix proposed by another potential breakage which would be hard to
fix without breaking the former one. So this is a lose-lose situation.

But yeah, I am not really interested discussing this any further either.
You are clearly not interested about anything beyond your very specific
usecases. Sad, but nothing really new from you.

--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs