Strange behavior of pthread_setaffinity_np

Hi all,
I am an Italian researcher and I am working on a Real Time scheduling
infrastructure. I am currently using Linux Kernel 2.6.29.6-rt24-smp
(PREEMPT-RT Patch) running on a Intel Q9550 CPU.
I am experiencing strange behaviors with the pthread_setaffinity_np API.

This is my scenario, I have 4 Real Time Threads (SCHED_FIFO)
distributed as follows:

T0 : CPU 0, Priority 2 (HIGH)
T1 : CPU 1, Priority 2 (HIGH)
T3 : CPU 0, Priority 1 (LOW)
T4 : CPU 1, Priority 1 (LOW)

So T0 and T1 are actually the "big bosses" on CPUs #0 and #1, T3 and
T4, instead, never execute (let's assume that each thread is a simple
busy wait that never sleeps/yields)
Now, at a certain point, from T0 code, I want to migrate T4 from CPU
#1 to #0, keeping its low priority. Therefore I perform a
pthread_setaffinity_np from T0 changing T4 mask from CPU #1 to #0.
In this scenario it happens that T3 (that should never execute since
there is T0 with higher priority currently running on the same CPU #0)
"emerge" and executes for a bit. It seems that the
pthread_setaffinity_np syscall is somehow "suspensive" for the time
needed to migrate T4 and let the scheduler to execute T3 for that
bunch of time.

Is this behavior expected (I did not find any documentation about
this)? How can avoid it?

Thanks in advance,
Primiano

--