Re: "persistent" RPMs

Hauke, thank you for the suggestion. I've decided to go with excludes in the conf file for now but I might end up using this plugin in the future depending on what happens.

Yuri

Hauke Kreft wrote:
Hi,

On Ubuntu, you can tell apt to simply 'hold' a package and it will just do that. Does anybody know of anything similar on RedHat?

there is a yum plugin for this purpose.

have a look:

Name       : yum-versionlock
Arch       : noarch
Version    : 1.1.16
Release    : 13.el5
Size       : 15 k
Repo       : rhel-i386-client-5
Summary    : Yum plugin to lock specified packages from being updated
License    : GPLv2+
excludes all other versions of those packages (including optionally
following obsoletes). This allows you to protect packages from being
updated by newer versions, for example.

Best,
Hauke

Yuri Csapo
Academic Computing & Networking
Colorado School of Mines
CT-256
Phone:  (303) 273-3503
Fax:      (303) 273-3475
Email:   ycsapo@xxxxxxxxx

Please use the following link to open a service request:
http://helpdesk.mines.edu
With a PC, I always felt limited
by the software available.
On Unix, I am limited only by my knowledge.
--Peter J. Schoenster
begin:vcard
fn:Yuri Csapo
n:Csapo;Yuri