Re: SSH auth problem

In such cases debuging or verbose logging on client side helps. I had
faced such issues and did the following from the client machine

# ssh -v <target server ip>

It will show exactly where it is failing.

If that is not sufficient in fixing the problem. You can do debuging
from the ssh server side.

# sshd -D -d -p 2222

The above command will start ssh on port 2222 (assuming that u need ssh
on port 22 for remote troubleshooting) without going into background and
in debug mode

Then on client side use
# ssh -v -p2222 <target server ip>

It will show exactly which file permission is wrong or sshd is looking
for which file exactly. Then you can make appropriate changes.

The above commands help in troubleshooting any ssh issues i believe.

-Anup