Re: apache 2 expiresdefault

you are saying that if i have the rewrite section added like below, and a request comes in, cache and proxy servers will  treat them different?  say if proxy server has a cache copy of www.mydomain.com,  rewriting it to www.mydomain.com/newindex.html will display the new page and not the cached one?