Re: cups timeout problem (was Re: ncurses and ls problem - I thought they're colors but it's not!)

Luca Ferrari wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm still fighting with the problem of the connection, but I'm experiencing
> also another problem: if I try to print via smb/cups to a windows printer I
> get cups in timeout (the server didn't respond in 10000 msec). The strange
> thing is that I cannot connect to the printer via smbclient!
> Now, If I create the printer via lpadmin the printer seems enabled, after the
> first print the printer goes disabled and I cannot enable it back.
> Any suggestion?

Total shot in the dark, but what is your locale set to?  We had a number
of wide ranging problems, including printing and console applications,
when we installed a new version of Linux on our desktop systems, a few
years ago, which was caused by a change in the default locale (I think
to a Unicode one!).  Worth a look.

Cheers

Adam

-