Re: Throttle Users

You could redirect to a SQUID cache that would redirect any proper
HTTP  to a notice page and drop anything else.

OpenBSD PF tables seem like a nice way to filter for offenders.

Glynn Clements wrote:

David Ziggy Lubowa wrote:
Anyone got any ideas on this , would like in the most primitive way for now be able to have users who have not paid there bill be redirected to a page and also not be able to use any of my bandwidth say put a minimum of 8k , anyone got any ideas.

Bandwidth restrictions are reasonable enough, but I would advise
against attempting to implement redirection. HTTP isn't just for web
browsers; some programs use it to retrieve data, and replacing that
data with HTML may have adverse consequences.

--
Stephen Samuel +1(604)450-0066             samnospam@xxxxxxxxxxx
		   http://www.bcgreen.com/

-