Re: problems with command su

hi,
 try sudo command.
only users listed in /etc/sudoers are allowed to run sudo command. and
u can also specify whether to ask for root password or not. put the
following line /etc/sudoers

username        ALL=(ALL)       NOPASSWD: ALL

username above will be able to issue all commands like root and
without asking password.

see /etc/sudoers for more.

after making entry for username

try "sudo su" command. it should work if entry was for NOPASSWD

atishay
On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 01:32:52 +0100, Niklas Bolander
<niklas.bolander@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Odd, would you mind posting your pam configuration for su?
> Should be "/etc/pam.d/su".
>
> MSc.Vladimir E.Rodríguez wrote:
>
> >Yes, I checked it, but it's not working.
> >I run passwd for root, and changed the password nothing more, after that
> >the su doesn't work.
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Vladimir
>

> >Niklas Bolander said:
> >

> >>Some systems requirers a user to be a member of the "wheel" group to be
> >>allowed to su.
> >>Shouldn't be relevant since you could use it before but it might be
> >>worth checking out.
> >>
> -
> : send the line "unsubscribe linux-admin" in

:)
Atishay Kumar
Btech, SEM VII
DA-IICT
Gandhinagar - 382009
India
ph: +91 9825383948
 * Learn the rules as you would need them to break them properly *