IDE disk drive controllers and disk drive sizes supported by RedHat 9 Shrike

Hi,

I have Linux Red Hat 9 on Pentium III PC (Dell Optiplex 110 )
running off the 8 Gb Disk Drive; there is also small boot drive on that IDE controller.

I ran out of disk space on that 8 Gb disk drive.

There is also another IDE controller for the functional CD-ROM there.

I bought (3rd) SIIG UltraATA 100 PCI Controller and 80 Gb Western Digital IDE disk drive - could I add this new controller with this new disk drive and somehow make existing Linux Red Hat 9 recognize this new drive as additional disk space ? Is SIIG UltraATA 100 PCI Controller
supported by RedHat 9 ? If yes, do I need to do something specific
(like compiling module ? - if yes - could be 'dynamically loadable
module' or the module should be statically compiled into the kernel ? -
are steps to be performed documented someplace on-line ?).
Somebody told me that 'SIIG's IDE controller is a bad choice for Linux Red Hat 9 and that IDE controller from 'Promise' is supported by RedHat 9 - is it true ?
Is 80 Gb drive in general supported by RedHat 9 (which is Linux kernel 2.4 based ) ? If not what is the largest size supported: 10 Gb ? 20 Gb ? 40 Gb ?

Suppose alternatively to above discussed I will just add 20 Gb drive to the second (available) slot on the existent IDE controller, which now controls the CD-ROM - will it work ? (... and if 'yes' - are any actions needed on my part ?).

Thanks,
Alex