Re: configure error in glibc 2.3.3

Matías López Bergero wrote:
Hello,
I'm tring to upgrade my GNU libc, but I'm geting an error wen I ran the
configure script.

This is the error message:

running configure fragment for sysdeps/i386/elf
running configure fragment for nptl/sysdeps/phthread
configure: error: CFI directive support in assembler is required

I have had upgrade the version of GNU assembler and that solved the error message in the configure procedure, but a new one has destroyed my happiness :-P

This is the new error that I get during the configure process:

checking for forced unwind support... no
configure: error: forced unwind support is required

So far, I couldn't find the source of this error message.
The lack of unwind is in the compiler?
How can I add or enable the unwind support??

Please apologies if this is a very sealy question, but the only information that I was able to find was a libunwind library, that come with some rpm based distros. Unfortunately I'm using redhat 8, and I couldn't find the package that provides that library.

Best Regards,
Matías.

-