Re: hardware compatibilty list of shared disk

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 11:29, Fabien.LIOU@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if i'm in the right mailing list. Sorry, if it's not the case.
>
> Well, i want to test Red Hat Cluster. When i launch NFS service in the GUI,
> i have an error message ( NFS : Unknown service).
> I think it's because i don't have a shared zone between the two nodes. So i
> need a shared disk.
>
> The search tool in the redhat site is not really effective.
>
> Can anyone point me to a good place where i could find hardware Linux redhat
> compatible list of shared disk and raid adapters ?
> Or may be, if some of you have succeeded in using a RedHat cluster, so what
> hardware do you use for shared storage ?

http://tinyurl.com/4ls6t has a good list of recommended host adapters
and a bad (small) list of really expensive shared storage boxes.

You can build a cheap shared scsi storage setup for testing/devel - use
a pair of the host adapters mentioned above and get a cheapo (<$100)
scsi storage box that has two connectors on the back (most do so they
can be chained together) and put a scsi hd in it. A google search for
"cheap shared scsi cluster" should get you some good info (from a HW
perspective, any info you find on M$ clustering is directly applicable,
for the most part).

CD

-