To: "Adam Lang" <aalang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <linux-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 2:50 PM
Subject: Re: VPN question

Hi Adam,

I'm not too familiar with VPNs.

But our PC's sit on a LAN behind a firewall. A few PC's are VPN clients.
Right now we have configured our firewall to map VPN clients on the
private LAN to static external IP addresses. The rest of the PC's on the
LAN are mapped to a single IP address. We are running out of external IP
addresses. Was wondering if there was a way out instead of having to buy
more IP addresses.

So, i was wondering if there's a set up that could make our PC's connect
to some sort of VPN server at our end which would act as a gateway to the
actual server located far away.

Regards,
Tony

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Adam Lang wrote:

> Obvious first question is: why is it a problem?

admin"
in
> > More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.
html