Re: Setting the editor environment variable for crontabs in Fedora 2

On Thursday 29 July 2004 13:14 Keletso Keletso's cat walking on the keyboard
wrote:

> Hi Luca, are you running fedora 2? I actually tried to
> open the crontab using vi and it seems the default
> editor for crontabs on my system is not set to vi. So
> for example once the crontab has been opened i am not
> able to save it using vi commands. so puting the same
> exact line on .profile file should export an editor of
> my choice. can i export nano?

At the moment no, I'm running the 1 and other suse systems. Nevertheless, what
does
echo $EDITOR
shows to you? It should be the editor used. You can export the editor you
want, but try to run it before editing the crontab to check it's working
well.

Bye,
Luca

--